Friday, September 19, 2014

5.5 hours

In 6 hours I will be 44 years old.

I want to see this as just another day, and yet so much has changed.

In 44 years I have:

Driven across country 6 times.
Visited 12 countries.
Gotten married and divorced. (in the same year)
Had 5 dogs.
Had 6 cats.
Had 2 turtles.
Been to Red Sox games in 16 parks.
Have gone to 34 professional baseball fields.
Lived in 6 states.
Base jumped.
Been a teacher.
Been a student.
Loved.
Lost.
Been a white water raft guide.
Made and lost friends.
Learned what it means to be connected.
Matured (sorta)
Attended hockey games in 2 countries and 7 states.
Experienced love.
Experienced loss.
Peaked mountains in 4 countries.
Competed as a triathlete.
Gone to college.
Gone to a Michigan game.
Felt lost.
Found meaning and purpose.
Felt dismissed, abused, excused and forgotten.
Felt appreciated and loved.
Gotten to know myself.

I have lived. Have you?

No comments:

Post a Comment