Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Day 1

I have never given much thought to how transparent I am not. I work hard to be honest, to be inspirational, to share the parts of me that succeed and encourage others to do the same. But, how honest, inspirational, successful or encouraging can I truly be when I am sharing only my best side?

Today, for the first time, outside of a room where I pay someone to listen to and accept me, I told someone parts of my truth. Not the whole truth, but pieces. Like you feed broken off pieces of bread to a duck at the park...knowing that if you give them all you have at once they will leave to quickly, filled beyond capacity and about to burst. And so it began. My decision to share my whole journey.

I do not expect anyone to follow me into this rabbit hole, but regardless, I invite you. It will not all be exposures and deep thoughts. I am sure there will also be glimpses into my life: school, work, Barley, play. But the rest will be there, for once. The darker side of my brightness should be included if you are in fact ever going to know me.

I am Sonja Jasinski, welcome.




3 comments:

  1. Thank you. Not sure what they will evolve into, but looking forward to finding out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sonja, you are an amazing woman dark sides and light sides, and all sides. I can so relate to a lot of your sharing and I will try to follow your blog….You are beginning to face the light, I think, whatever that means for you.

    ReplyDelete